This entry was posted on Saturday, October 13th, 2007 at 3:51 pm and is filed under Lunch, Non vegetarian, Rice Dish. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.
White Chicken Briyani
Step 1 : Marinate
1 Whole chicken cut in small pieces
1/2 cup Curd
Salt to taste
Marinate over night or at least 4 hours
Step 2 :Grind
1. Fresh Ginger 2 thumb, Garlic - 1 pod, Cinnamon stick -2 medium piece and cloves - 5
Grind these ingredients to a fine paste in a mixie
2. Grind 1 large raw onion to a paste separately
Step 3 : Saute
1. In a large pan add oil - 4 tbs and butter - 1/4 stick
2. Add Cinnamon stick - 3 medium piece, cloves - 7, and cardamom - 5, Bay leaf - 2
3. Add sliced onion - 1 small size
4. Add ginger garlic spice paste and fry well
5. Then add onion paste and fry well, until the oil separates
6. Add slit green chillies - 12 and fry.
7. Add the marinated chicken and salt to taste, add little water if required and cook the chicken well to a thick consistency.
Step 4 : Cook
1. Mix the saute to 4 or 5 cups of basmati rice
2. Add salt if required and cook
3. When the Briyani is cooked, add 4 spoon of ghee and mint leaves, one hand full
and mix well to the rice. Chicken Briyani is ready !!
Chef’s tip : Serve with salna / stew or with onion raita / pachdi.
This briyani is has less spices