This entry was posted on Saturday, October 13th, 2007 at 4:16 pm and is filed under Lunch, Non vegetarian, Rice Dish. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.
Chicken Briyani - Ponusamy Restaurant style
Step 1 : Grind
1. Fresh ginger - 2 thumb size, Garlic - 1 pod grind to a fine paste in a mixie.
2. Mint small bunch, Cilantro 1/2 bunch and green chillies - 15 grind these separately
Step 2 : Saute
1. In a large non stick pan add oil, Fennel seeds 1 sp, cinnamon 3 medium stick, Cloves - 4, cardamon - 4, Bay leaf - 2
2. Add one large onion finely chopped and fry very well, then add a small tomato - 1
3. Add Ginger garlic paste and fry well
4. Then add mint, cilantro and green chillies paste and fry
5. Add Kari masala powder or Briyani taste maker - 2 sp and fry
6. Add chicken, 3/4 cup coconut milk and cook and add salt to taste
7. Add 10 cups of water and bring it to boil
Step 3 : Cook
1. Soak basmati rice 5 cups for 30 minutes
2. Add the rice to the saute and add lemon juice 3 tbs and ghee 4 sp.
3. cook in a rice cooker or in an oven.